As per the orders of the Hon'ble Supreme Court and UGC Regulations, 2009, National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand firmly prohibits RAGGING in the Institute. The Institute follows ZERO TOLERANCE policy on Ragging. RAGGING IS STRICTLY BANNED IN AND BEYOND THE CAMPUS. All the newly admitted students are free to enjoy the Campus Life in the pursuit of academic excellence. All the senior students are willing to give warm welcome to their juniors.
The Institute takes all necessary and required measures, including but not limited to the provisions of the UGC Regulations, 2009 to achieve the objective of eliminating ragging within the Institute or outside. The Institute takes following necessary steps to prevent the Ragging:
- Create awareness through widespread publicity through posters, banners, leaflets before the commencement of the new academic session. The posters and banners are displayed on all prominent places including Hostels, Canteen, Academic area, Corridors, Departments, and Library etc.
- Anti-ragging notices including details of Anti-ragging Committee, Anti-ragging Squad, Helpline Nos., e-mails will be displayed on the Institute website.
- The RULES AND REGULATIONS related to ragging will also be displayed on the Institute website under the Quick link bar.
- Undertaking duly signed by the student and parent is required to be submitted at the time of Registration for a Semester.
- Important instructions in printed form related to ragging will be given to all the students including Freshers at the time of Registration.